Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Likes/Dislikes

I kind of liked the way the book flowed--I think she is a very talented writer, especially as she described the stories of the girls. It wasn't necessarily an easy read at points, being so abstract, but then again at other points it came together nicely.

I also enjoyed the creativity of the idea, assigning each girl a color of emotion and having her story match up to it. It was fun to follow, once I understood what was going on.

I didn't like the topics the girls talked about. They were obsessed with men; that is all they could think about--the men they had been with, slept with, lived with, the men who had hurt them, loved them, the men they had hurt themselves, and the list goes on and on and on. It leaves for a very narrow view of the world.

She also used foul language and was at points very sensually vulgar about the girls' experiences. That is art but I prefer something more discreet.

No comments:

Post a Comment